Sikh Charity

If you are looking for Sikh/Punjabi charities/NGO's to work with and support, then please surf through these articles below. I have also included my journey of how I found the Punjabi charity of my choice. There are many charities to choose from. Just pick one and make a difference and stop making excuses.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Success At Last

On Feb 6, after a long wait, I can say I was a part of something that made a real difference, something that I can say I truly have done for others. And I hope this is the first step, of many such contributions to come in the future.

And what it is that I am talking about. I am talking about my back-office role in the transfer of funds from Nishkam canada to Nishkam India that resulted in the status update as below:

Dear friends of Nishkam Canada,

I am pleased to report that 2005 was a banner year for us. Given our focus on the Sikligar Sikh children in Karnataka, we were able to achieve the following:


1. Supply note books and other stationery items for school going Sikligar Sikh children in Karnataka, India

2. Pay for school fees of 46 students for an entire year and for another 14 for 6 months for Sikligar Sikh children in Karnataka, India

3. Pay for school bags for 106 children for Sikligar Sikh children in Karnataka, India

4. Pay for shoes and socks for 140 children for Sikligar Sikh children in Karnataka, India

5. Pay for an after school tuition program for some of the Sikligar Sikh children in Karnataka, India

6. Pay for the first year of Engineering school fees for a deserving but needy student in North India

We estimate that for each of the 351 school going children at present of the Sikligar Sikhs in Karnataka, we require C$ 15 (US$ 13) every month in order to provide school supplies and an after school tuition program.

Our current intake of funds is far below that.

But we look forward to your continued support in spreading the word about Nishkam Canada and your generous donations.

As a donor, you can either donate online (with a credit card) by going to our web site or by mailing us a cheque drawn on "Nishkam Sikh Welfare Organization, Canada" at 2025 Dundas Street East, Unit 10, Mississagua, ON, L4X 1M2


Best Regards

Harmit S Kamboe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home